Friday 27 July 2012

Sunday Revisited

After Sunday mornings highlight the day got even better in the afternoon when I went for a walk down to the lake to see what dragonflies were around.I saw plenty of Black-tailed Skimmers, 2 Brown Hawkers,an Emperor, a male Broad bodied Chaser and a Common Darter but only managed some shots of a pair of B-T Skimmers :-

The best was yet to come! As I walked back up Furnace Lane I heard a bird calling in the hedgerow on the side of the lane.I tried but couldn't get any decent views of it as it made its way along the hedge. Eventually as it got to Kirkins Cottages it flew up into an Ash and last I was able to confirm it to be a Wood Warbler!!! (107) BRILLIANT!!!
This morning I only had a quick walk but was very pleased to find the recently fledged Cuckoo being fed by both it's Reed Warbler foster parents, so raced back home to get my camera.Even though it was dark inside the trees I did manage a couple of shots:-

Interestingly this only the second fledgling Cuckoo I've encountered at the lake.

1 comment:

  1. Nice surprises :-) Ive only encountered Wood Warbler here once, and also only had the sighting of one Fledged Cuckoo. Well done mate!

    ReplyDelete