Sunday 22 July 2012

A walk in some Sunshine

For a change the sun shone this morning as I made my way out for a patch walk. There were plenty of birds about and in all I managed a count of 51 species! It was great to see my first juvenile Willow Warbler of the year.I love these little summer visitors!
Down at the lake there were fewer gulls than yesterday with just 2 Med Gulls in amongst 70 Black Headeds, but whilst I was watching them they all took off at once, so I thought something must have spooked them although I couldn't find whatever it was. Just when I was about to leave I noticed something soaring high up which I thought was a Buzzard but as I put the scope on it, I found it was a Honey Buzzard (106) FANTASTIC !!
A very enjoyable couple of hours in the sun.

1 comment:

  1. Nice find Steve,
    Not had a Honey Buzzard here.........yet :-)

    ReplyDelete