Monday 28 May 2012

Week ending 27th May

Didn't get much chance to do a lot of birding at the weekend , just an early morning visit on Saturday. It was pleasing to see that both pairs of Coots had young with at least 7 between them.The Great Spotted chicks are looking close to fledging. The story around the lake was one of nest building and chick rearing.
On the insect I had my first Hairy Dragonfly of the year and also Large Red Damselfly.
Back home there were 2 recently fledged Blackbirds and a second brood of House Sparrows.
                                               Blackbird fledgling

                                                   House Sparrow

2 comments:

  1. Still looking for my first House Sparrow fledgelings Steve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm lucky to have a couple of pairs nesting in my house!

      Delete