Thursday 10 May 2012

09/05/12

Had a quick walk down to the lake this evening. the overcast conditions had brought a flock of around 30 House Martins & 6 swallows onto the lake.One of the coots was sitting tightly on her nest( presumably on eggs). Despite the gloom 3 Reed Warblers were singing as was a Garden Warbler from the cover at the southern end of the lake.
Five Mandarins were tucked under the trees by the boathouse.
After chatting to Andy( a fishing friend) I thought I would go around to the sheltered side of the lake to check out the far corner. I was soon glad that I did as flitting around in the lakeside trees was my first Spotted Flycatcher(102) of the year.
Not a bad little visit.
I didn't manage to get any pictures today but here's one from the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment