Tuesday 2 April 2013

April 1st 2013

April started as March had left off with a cold North easterly which started as a light breeze, when I left the house, but slowly picked up as I continued. I was soon counting my lucky stars when, at 07.55 I had a Marsh Harrier(83) going north. Brilliant !! and only the second patch record.
Apart from this, for the most part, the same species as yesterday were seen, although I did add Common Gull and Treecreeper.
In the afternoon I popped out to the patch and added Peregrine and  Lapwing.

2 comments:

  1. Funny enough Steve I was scanning the sky for large raptors today, I got on to a Buzzard, not as good as your marsh Harrier though. Red Kites should be on the move soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping for Red Kite yesterday so the Marsh Harrier was a real bonus. Here's hoping it warms up for the weekend!

    ReplyDelete