Saturday 2 May 2015

As April drew to a close four more species were added to the list with a fly over Tree Pipit(82) on the 26th which was an expected bonus on another dismal day.
On the 27th we went to Harry Potter world which gave me the chance of an early walk before we left.
On my walk I encountered 4 Garden Warblers in different parts of the patch as well as two Lesser Whitethroats and on the lake the first Reed Warbler(83) was singing from the south east corner. I popped in to the lake in the evening and found a pair of Tufted Ducks.

Later that evening I decided to have walk out just before dark and was delighted to find a Nightingale (84) singing from an area I found a couple last year.
A walk on  Wednesday evening produced the first Hobby(85) which made a few attempts at the Swallows on the lake before flying off towards Shirrenden wood.
This morning (2nd May) I went out with the hope of the first Swift of the year but sadly didn't encounter any.
All the usual suspects were seen and it was great to find eight fledgling Long Tailed Tits beside the lake.
Long tailed Tits
It was a bit dark under the trees and there were a lot of branches to contend with. 
Whilst I was trying to get some shots of the fledglings a Marsh Tit flitted through.


2 comments:

  1. Ha! You were looking for Swifts and failed, whilst i was looking for a brood of fledged LT TITS and failed ! LoL

    ReplyDelete