Sunday 17 February 2013

The weekend hasn't produced much of note although yesterday I had a hybrid Canada x Greylag on the lake. Five Mandarins flew over and a Grey Wagtail was on the waterfall.
The Alders held a flock of thirty Siskins and nine Lesser Redpolls. The Great-crested Grebe count was three and there was a single Kingfisher.In the early afternoon I had to drop my daughter in Tonbridge and on the way back found fifteen Waxwings eating rose hips in Vale Road.
Today's walk was abandoned when I reached the dam end as the fog was so thick I couldn't see anything although I could hear a Treecreeper singing.
Later on I had a quick walk down to the lake but found not a lot. I decided to watch the sky for a bit over Kirkin's farm. This produced six Buzzards circling together, which was great as I've only seen odd birds recently.

1 comment:

  1. So thats where the Buzzards have gone! I had one this morning but none were seen up circling today.

    ReplyDelete