Sunday 28 October 2012

Saturday 27/10/12

As expected there was a very chilly wind as I left the house. I decided to stand at the top of the field in Kirkins as this affords a good view of a lot of the area.
The wind was biting so I only managed to stand there for about an hour,but in that time I saw 63 Black Headed Gulls, 2 common Gulls, 3 Great Black-backed Gulls,43 Canada Geese,2 Sparrowhawks and a Kestrel plus the first Reed Bunting in quite a while..
The winter thrushes had arrived in better numbers and eventually I saw 130 Redwings and 413 Fieldfares.
Down at the lake a smart drake Gadwall was residing with the numerous Mallards and fly-overs included 9 Lapwings, 4 Skylarks,a Lesser Black-backed Gull , 2 Herring Gulls and 4 Lesser Redpolls.As I was leaving I had a 4th GBB Gull.
This afternoon when I popped into the lake on my way home, yesterdays Gadwall had gone but there were 2 Little Grebes and a Kingfisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment