Monday 20 May 2013

Sunday morning provided a Common Sandpiper(106) sitting in the end of the jetty. Unfortunately it wasn't there when I got home from work and was armed with my camera and scope.I did get some other shots:-
                                                     Mistle Thrush in sheep pasture
Resting Swallow
Speckled Wood
In the early evening I got a text to inform me that a Red Kite was heading towards the village from the South but unfortunately I was in Paddock Wood picking up daughter so dipped on it. 
However some good news was finding out that one pair of Grebes actually had 2 chicks left. 

4 comments:

  1. You really are having a good run Stephen, what's your patch record for a year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alan, I've only been counting for the last 4 years but the highest is 117.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be surprised if you don't get passed that this year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Things have a tendency to come to a halt at this time of year so I expect to have to wait till late summer/autumn for anything else to add.

    ReplyDelete