Thursday 20 December 2012

Despite the state of the weather today I took a walk up to the orchard in Hayman's Hill this afternoon. It was pretty dire, but was soon brightened up by the discovery of no less than 75 Waxwings(112) in the apple trees and beneath them.
As it was raining heavily I hadn't taken my camera, so I raced home to get it, to at least get a record shot of them. I've attached some pictures of them, even though they are not very good, because of the conditions.
Hopefully they will still be around at the weekend and if the weather is better I might get some better shots.
Some of the flock on overhead wires.



2 comments:

  1. What a reward for braving the weather Steve, well done mate :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve ,
    Thanks very much for posting the Waxwings on KOS .
    I got down there in the sun on Friday , had 50+ , and got
    some nice shots .

    ReplyDelete