Monday 23 April 2012

Saturday 21/04/12

A decent walk around my new patch route this morning produced 4 Willow Warblers singing on territories, so was very pleased. On my way passed the children's play park I found a Robin feeding 2 fledglings.
The lake held 8 Great Crested Grebes ( the highest total ever) and a rather smart summer plumaged Little Grebe. There were also 3 Mandarin drakes and 2 pairs of coots ( one pair busy nest building).
  One of the local Chiffchaffs

4 Sparrowhawks displayed over the lake and a Cuckoo called from Swigs Hole.
In the afternoon I had a stroll with my brother Mick and found a Robin sitting tight on a nest in TQ74A and on the way home a pair of Canada Geese with 6 goslings.
So nothing new for the the Year List but a very enjoyable day nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment